× Forum for the GPXTrackMap Content Plugin for Joomla! 2.5 and 3.x

No track and Map zoomed in to ocean

ErikB replied the topic: No track and Map zoomed in to ocean

10 years 2 months ago

At the control panel of the back-end of my Hosting Provider I added gpx. as a supported MIMI-type and after that everything works fine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

pofagyalu replied the topic: No track and Map zoomed in to ocean

10 years 2 months ago

Hi Erik,

What EXACTLY did you do so that finally everything is ok? I can not guess what to set and how in order to have the gpx displayed on the map. It keeps showing the ocean and when I activate debug in Chrome it says "Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden) .....gpx"

While writing this message I found the reason. I have Admintools installed and I had to add gpx file to allowed list in the .htaccess file. Everything works fine.

Thanks.
Zoltán

10 years 3 months ago

I'm sort of happy again because I can get into the plugin settings again. Didn't know what it was but now I really can use this wonderful plugin.

Thx

10 years 3 months ago

keep on guessing ;-)

unfortunately I cheered to early, because I can't change the setting of the plugin. When I go to Extentions -> Plugins and select the gpxtracksmap plugin I get the error :
PHP Warning: htmlspecialchars(): Invalid multibyte sequence in argument in E:\mtc-tet.nl\wwwroot\libraries\joomla\form\field.php on line 510
PHP Warning: htmlspecialchars(): Invalid multibyte sequence in argument in E:\mtc-tet.nl\wwwroot\libraries\joomla\form\field.php on line 510

I have this with no other plugin. Any more guesses? ;-)

fingeradmin replied the topic: No track and Map zoomed in to ocean

10 years 3 months ago

Hi Erik,

i have been reported similar cases like yours,
and it always had to do with access rights,
so it was an easy guess ;)

Great to hear it works now!

cheers, Frank

10 years 3 months ago

yes..... Finally got it to work....

I was looking for a solution within Joomla, but changed the focus to my Hosting provider and noticed an option for adding MIME-Types. I added gpx and now it works... Yihheaa...!! Love the plugin...

Thx for your help.

Br,
Erik