× Forum for the GPXTrackMap Content Plugin for Joomla! 2.5 and 3.x

Blog Articles don't display map

KSL replied the topic: Blog Articles don't display map

10 years 3 months ago

I installled the Mootools enabler and didn't notice any change. there was a comment on their download page saying it didn't work under J3.2

I have a standalon version at home that I'll try turning off all jQuery. I have a bunch of aqddons that use jQuery.

I also have a version of the site that runs J2.5 and the maps work in blog and article view.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

fingeradmin replied the topic: Blog Articles don't display map

10 years 3 months ago

Hi,

i found the problem... though i'm not sure how to solve it :dry:

The detail pages show a javascript error "Uncaught TypeError:[object window] has no method 'addEvent'", because the mootools library is missing in those pages' html headers. It's there in the blog view, that's why the maps work there.

Do have the "Mootools Enabler/Disabler" extensions installed by any chance? If so, then try to (re-)enable mootools for your article pages.

Background: The plugin uses a "window.addEvent" method that's only available through the mootools lib - which is normally present in every Joomla page, unless you do *something* to not load it, like using the aforementioned extension.

Other than that, the generated code works fine - i pasted it into a local, static html test page i have here and the track map _does_ show, so it must have to do with the absence of the mootools lib in your page headers...

It may also be some other extension you're using that uses jQuery instead of mootools, i found something about that here .

hth & let me know if you can solve the problem!

cheers, Frank

The following user(s) said Thank You: KSL

KSL replied the topic: Blog Articles don't display map

10 years 3 months ago

Hi Frank.
It been a while since I've been here.

Thanks for the link. I had the latest non-beta installed, but have since installed 1.2.3 and have the same issue.

the site is www.velopalmsprings.com
If you need admin access, just let me know.

fingeradmin replied the topic: Blog Articles don't display map

10 years 3 months ago

Hi KSL,

that's strange... are you using the latest version?

(This one here)

Or maybe you can send me a link to your site, i'd have to check the generated source code to see what's wrong...

cheers, Frank

The following user(s) said Thank You: KSL

KSL created the topic: Blog Articles don't display map

10 years 3 months ago

Got a strange issue. I have a menu item that displays a category blog. It shows the maps fine in blog view, but once you open the article I get a blank map with only the distance shown.

Blog View

Atricle

Joomla! 3.2.1

Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by KSL.