× Forum for the GPXTrackMap Content Plugin for Joomla! 2.5 and 3.x

need help

fingeradmin replied the topic: need help

6 years 11 months ago

Hi Marc,

thanks for the link. It *is* a CSS problem, caused by your template's CSS rules (see screenshot below).

The CSS rule you will need to include into your site should look like this:

div.gpxtrackmap img {
  border: 0px;
  margin: 0px;
  padding: 0px;
}

This will set all borders/margins/paddings for the map tiles to 0, so the map tiles will have no space between them - that should make the "grill look" go away.

Some templates include a "custom.css" file where you can put those rules in, but that depends on your template.

cheers, Frank

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

marcavok replied the topic: need help

6 years 11 months ago

Hello Franck
here is a link to a page with a map www.lescenobitestranquilles.com/menu-du-jour

I hope it's not that complicated to fix. I actually have no knowledge in CSS or these things which makes it quite difficult to sort out difficulties.
Anyway thanks for answering so quick
Marc

6 years 11 months ago

Hello,

this looks like a CSS problem. It seems the template you use sets some CSS stylings on IMG tags (border, padding, margin...) that affects the map tiles, too.

Can you post a link to your site? If i can inspect the page with Chrome's Developer Tools, i can usually see what CSS rule is causing this.

You can define a new CSS rule especially for the map tiles (they are just IMG's) that overrides the rule that is causing the "grill" display.

cheers, Frank

marcavok replied the topic: need help

6 years 11 months ago

Hello Franck,
As I told you before, I'm not great at this. I still have a display problem which I cannot sort out by myself.
Maps are not shown properly, it looks like there is a grill in front of it. I guess I must do something with openlayer, but can't find how.
Here is the display on the website.
Thanks

Attachments:

7 years 2 weeks ago

Sorry to disappoint you, but the plugin can not be used to display "live" GPS positions
(that's why i asked about the integration with your search function).

It can only display .gpx files with (recorded or calculated) tracks and waypoints that need to be uploaded to your server.

If you need something to display the current position of your site's visitors, i'm afraid you will have to find some other plugin or component that can do this (i'm not even sure this is possible at all).

cheers, Frank

dada replied the topic: need help

7 years 2 weeks ago

dear

thanks for your support as i understund your plugin play the role of gps when users are moving they can see themselves moving inside the map (openstreet or google map or bing ) so i want to integrate it here for users who want to go to any adverts so they can see themselves moving on the map going to their target.
www.alsoukk.com/search-map
is't possible to use this plugin in this side ?

thanks

Last edit: 7 years 2 weeks ago by dada.