× Forum for the GPXTrackMap Content Plugin for Joomla! 2.5 and 3.x

Can't see the map

lutzhauptmann replied the topic: Can't see the map

4 years 1 month ago

Hi Frank,
I've installed a complete new version of a test site and the problem of no map is shown is gone, maybe a problem with another plugin I used. Now I can see the map. But...
After a white frame of the map I tried the local installation of OpenLayer and OpenStreetMap scripts. Than the map is displayed, but no control buttons, only the "space holders" for it. I installed the PNGs locally, and the buttons are displayed and working. Now I get an error message in the console: gpxtrackmap/theme/default/style.css ERR_ABORTED 404 (OpenLayers.js 165). I guess, this is also the reason for the incorrect display of OSMs licence info. Do you have any hints?

Best regards
Lutz

Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by lutzhauptmann.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

fingeradmin replied the topic: Can't see the map

4 years 2 months ago

Hello Arnaud,

the Developer Console shows several errors:

- "window.addEvent is not a function" -> the Plugin is set to use mootools.
Go to the Plugin options and enable "use jQuery".

- the following two GET errors seem to come from your template or from some other plugin - i suspect the template because it tries to load css files from another server

- the last two indicate that you're trying to use Google Maps but don't have the required API keys. Either get them from Google or use a different map layer - OpenStreetMap layers will always work ;-)

hth & cheers, Frank

Attachments:

arnaudveynes replied the topic: Can't see the map

4 years 2 months ago

Hello,
Sorry to bother you, but I have exactly the same issue and no one of your solution does work :
I can see the elevation chart but not the map :
oms-veynes.fr/index.php/cross-triathlon/...ours-cross-triathlon

thank you for your help,
Kind regards,
Arnaud

fingeradmin replied the topic: Can't see the map

4 years 3 months ago

Hi Lutz,

hmm. strange. So just the usual tips:
a)
- use Chrome
- hit F12
- reload your page
- look for any error messages in the Console output

b)
- look at the html source for your page
- search for "GPXTrackMap" there - there should be a comment with that text in it where the map should go

hth & cheers, Frank

lutzhauptmann created the topic: Can't see the map

4 years 3 months ago

Hello,
I've inserted the invocation code {gpxtrackmap} track.gpx {/gpxtrackmap} in an existing file. In the front end is nothing to see on the page, the text flows constantly, no empty rectangle, not at all.
I've tried the code in a new page with a short test text only. Same result, no map, nothing at all, also no invocation code at the frontend to see. The code is not within HTML code.
Joomla 3.9.16, jQuery: yes
Any idea or tip?

Best regrads
Lutz