× Forum for the GPXTrackMap Content Plugin for Joomla! 2.5 and 3.x

Google and is switch to fullscreen map possible?

fingeradmin replied the topic: Google and is switch to fullscreen map possible?

9 years 6 months ago

Hi Johan,

the "n/a" comes from a placeholder in the Layout Template.

see here for documentation.

For my own site, i sometimes use a completely "stripped" version like this:

<div class="gpxtrack">
  <div class="gpxtrackmap">%TRACKMAP%</div>
</div>

- so there's nothing in there but the map itself, also no Download button, because the placeholders for them are missing.

(be sure to read the red NOTE in the documentation - if you modify the templates directly in the Plugin folder, they will be overwritten with the next version you install!).

cheers, Frank

Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by fingeradmin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JohandeWit

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

JohandeWit replied the topic: Google and is switch to fullscreen map possible?

9 years 6 months ago

Hi Frank,

Yes, strange. I just updated Chrome to the latest version, it does persist. All others work ok (I will test it on other PC later). Anyway not a big issue. I will use 1 map on 1 page, so probably no scroll bar present.

One last question. I set "Read Track"info to No, but it keeps displaying "n/a km, n/a" under the map. (See www.ftcsmallingerland.nl/172)
Shouldn't that be suppressed also?

Anyway thanks a lot for all your work!

Johan

9 years 6 months ago

Hi Johan,

good to hear it works better now.

However, i can't reproduce the scroll bar behaviour you mentioned - i tested it here with Firefox, IE, Safari, Opera and Chrome (also V39). They all behave exactly the same way: When i'm in fullscreen mode, the scrollbar remains visible, but it does NOT scroll the map - in fact it doesn't do anything.
(on closer look: it does scroll the page BEHIND the map, but not the map.)

Hmm, weird - anyway, i hope you can live with that the way it is - really wouldn't know how to change this atm...

cheers, Frank

JohandeWit replied the topic: Google and is switch to fullscreen map possible?

9 years 6 months ago

Hi Frank,

You're busy man! But I like the new feature a lot. It's much better this way.

There is one minor issue left that I noticed, and it is browser related. I tested this new version in IE11, Firefox 33.1 and Chrome 39.0.xxxxxx.
IE and Firefox work the same en very well in Fullscreen.

Chrome has an issue in Fullscreen. See the screenshots. In Chrome the Fullscreen is affected by the scrollbar on the right. This scrollbar is visible on the underlying page in order to show both maps. But when you switch to Fullscreen in Chrome the fullscreen map can be scrolled with the scrollbar, hence you can shift it so that a white part remains visible. (However when Google sattelite map is choosen the map is not affected by the scrollbar)

Both in IE and Firefix the scrollbar does not affect the map in Fullscreen. So Fullscreen is fullscreen no mather the scroll bar.

But it's minor. Overall this is a fine new feature! Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Johan

File Attachment:

File Name: Screen1Small.zip
File Size:824 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: screen2Small.zip
File Size:463 KB

Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by JohandeWit.

9 years 6 months ago

Hi again Johan,

except for the slow display, i have been able to fix all issues now (i hope),
so forget what i wrote in the prior post... :)

Could you test with the new V1.3.3 Beta 2 version from the Downloads section?

- the map now has a white background in fullscreen mode, so the page behind it doesn't show while panning/zooming

-it now works with multiple maps in an article, too - the z-index problem was quite easy to fix, once i got my head around it ;)

- also, there are no blank spots on the fullscreen map any more, even when switching fullscreen mode on/off repeatedly. I fixed this by zooming the map in when going to fullscreen, and back out when returning to normal mode.

This is more intuitive for the user anyway, at least i think so.

cheers, Frank

9 years 6 months ago

Hoi Johan,

Yes, it loads slowly because in fullscreen there are (obviously) much more tiles to be fetched from the tile server. No way to change that...
The fact that the underlying page becomes visible while loading tiles could be fixed, though - i'll do some tests. My idea is to have a white, untransparent div that covers the whole screen on a z-index just below the map, but above the rest of the page. That doesn't have to be loaded, so it should
"hide" the underlying page while fetching and rendering the tiles. "Stay tuned" B)

Actually, they are not displayed on two locations - the controls more to the center of the screen are those from the second map! (you can actually use these controls, but they will affect the other map).

Since they all use the same z-index, i haven't been able to figure out how to circumvent this... (they even show up in fullscreen mode of the first map when the second map wasn't even visible in "normal" mode... hmmm...)

You can do this by overriding the css rules for the .olControlLayerSwitcher class (see screenshot). Just make sure your css gets included after the OpenLayers css.

cheers, Frank

Attachments: