× Forum for the GPXTrackMap Content Plugin for Joomla! 2.5 and 3.x

Google and is switch to fullscreen map possible?

fingeradmin replied the topic: Google and is switch to fullscreen map possible?

9 years 9 months ago

Hoi Johan,

This may be doable with some "css magic", although i would expect some resize/repaint problems here. Another option would be to link to a different page, where the map is shown in fullscreen. This will also depend on how your template is built, so i can't give any general advice here.

if you look here: developers.1d5920f4b44b27a802bd77c4f0536f5a-gdprlock/maps/terms
you will find the current Terms of Use, and to be honest: i don't understand them :unsure:
- "i'm not a lawyer".

What's also irritating is that they change these Terms every now and then (currently it says "Last Updated: November 13, 2014"). So it's possible that they have dropped or changed the amount of requests limitation in the meantime.

Therefore i encourage users to use the OpenStreetMap layers - no problems there!

If you do want to use the Google layers, the best thing you can do imo is to get in contact with Google directly, describe what you want to do with your site and maps, and get a "Go or No-Go" from them directly. Everything else would be guess work...

cheers, Frank

Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by fingeradmin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JohandeWit

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

JohandeWit created the topic: Google and is switch to fullscreen map possible?

9 years 9 months ago

Hi all,

I'm a new to this plugin and I really like it. I have two questions.

First: Is it possible to switch to a full screen map when you display a smaller map with your track?

Second: You mentioned that the use of google (sattelite) layer must be done with care because you can only make limited amount of requests. I looked in the Goolge service ploicy, but I can ot really find how many request per day/week you can do make. Do you happen to know this?

regards,
Johan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.